Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 3: On The Bright Side

So, today has been one of some realizations:
At breakfast, I fixed some plain Greek yogurt with Trader Joe's Granola. It's pretty much heaven, and -while lacking the overall satisfaction/guilt of a s'more Poptart- I was pleased.

And then I ruined it.

It went something like this:

Me [in a hummish sort of way]: "Waltzing granola, Waltzing granola..."
(which was, by the way, to the tune of "Waltzing Matilda")
**bowl falls from my clumsy fingers**
Me: Shoot! I've lost all or most of my yogurt--and granola!
Lizzy: **giggling evilly**

Five minutes later, after some cleanup of the kitchen floor, I sat down with the remains of my breakfast and commented:
"You know, this is now the perfect serving size... Someone out there wants me to be thin."
Lizzy hated me for saying that, I think, she wanted to revel in my anguish for a while longer.
And also, "Waltzing Granola" has become a hit song in these parts.

And this brings me to the subject of my contemplation:
What are some more things that are so awful they border on awesome?

My Top Five Things-that-are-so-awful-they-are-awesome:


5. 80's music videos.
Especially this one. That man's lips = utterly incredible. I didn't know lips
did that.



4. Christian Romance Novels.
They strike me as pointless, but I once found myself caught in one simply to reveal each new --and frighteningly bizarre-- twist or turn. The novel (not the one pictured) covered a wide range of controversial topics such as rock-climbing, illegal poachers, stupid teenage campers, and racism in the Alaskan wilderness. The main question: "Will she
be able to find a man who will love her, despite her passion for rock-climbing?"

3. This. Song.
(Really, you don't want to watch it.)



2. Hannah Montana.
Drazin and I seem to be addicted to her. He even has some choreography worked out for the theme song. If you actually sit down and let your eyes bleed through a half-hour episode, you can come away from it with some awesome quotables:
"My mom has a tazer... ZZZZT!"
Obscure as all get out.

**drumroll, please**
And now, the winner for the most awful-but-somehow-awesome-thing award goes to:
#1:


































(yes, the poster needs to be that big... you can't capture the awesome without some detail)
Geena Davis is the female version of Chuck Norris.
You have not seen swashbuckle till you see Geena Davis swashbuckle.

Nuff' said.

2 comments: