Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Time to Say Things

First of all: Pictures of the apartment are coming, but I'm having a little trouble keeping every inch of the apartment clean, therefore I'm having to take pictures intermittently at various "angles" so as to obscure a pile of (clean) laundry here, or some unwrapped appliances there. It's testing me to my creative core.


Also: Since it's becoming old news before it was any news, Eric and I are the proud owners of an Iguana named George. He's an eensy, weensy, teensy bit of scaley cuteness and we pretty much love him. Pictures of him pending as well. We're actually not sure of his gender, but - as you can tell- we've contented ourselves with assuming his maleness.


On my mind lately is what sort of art to hang up in our little apartment. As of right now, we have several of Eric's movie posters in the living room, including this amazing and GIGANTIC Creature from the Black Lagoon:

But except for that awesomeness, our walls are pretty bare.

Now, I'm a sucker for Art Deco and Art Nouveau-type things:
But I'm thinking it won't quite work for our "theme," which is a psuedo-retro monstrousity that has taken on a life of its own and defies me at every turn!

It's all very dramatic.

Ideas?

2 comments:

  1. yay Mals! can't wait to see your picturs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your art deco stuff it looks great. But Eric's Black Lagoon is too classic to get rid of. My suggestion is to have a theme in each room... Even if it is a bathroom... Have fun in your casa. And yes... Take those pictures.

    ReplyDelete