Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why not?

This particular survey is being tossed back and forth on Xanga like a beach-ball, and -unlike most surveys- it's pretty fun, so I thought I'd post it here and see if anyone in my small readership would like to give it a try (It's harder to answer some of the questions than you might think!)

If I were a month, I would be July.

If I were a day of the week, I would be Tuesday.

If I were a time of the day, I would be early evening.

If I were a planet, I would be Uranus, rolling around sideways-- the oddball.

If I were a sea animal, I would be a pink aenenome.

If I were a direction, I would be North-West.

If I were a piece of furniture, I would be a striped chaise longue with peeling brass finish on the legs.

If I were a liquid, I would be olive oil.

If I were a gemstone, I would be the purpley-green version of Topaz.

If I were a tree, I would be an apple tree: Not thin and stately like an Aspen, or old and wise like an Oak-- Unremarkable, but nice to have around.

If I were a tool, I would be a level.

If I were a flower, I would be a yellow Pansy wishing she was a splashy Tiger Lily.

If I were a kind of weather, I would be a freak snowstorm...easily flurried around, but quick to calm down and melt.

If I were a musical instrument, I'd be a harmonica.

If I were a color, I would be navy.

If I were an emotion, I would be argumentative.

If I were a fruit, I would be raspberries.

If I were a sound, I would be the click-clack-clunk sound of an old typewriter.

If I were an element, I would be Helium (He).

If I were a car, I would be a green Jaguar E-Type.

If I were a food, I would be a potato.

If I were a place, I would be an abandoned greenhouse.

If I were a material, I would be cotton.

If I were a taste, I would be a little salty.

If I were a scent, I would be basil.

If I were an animal, I would be a goose.

If I were an object, I would be a picture frame.

If I were a body part, I would be the thumbs.

If I were a facial expression, I would be intrigued.

If I were a pair of shoes, I would be low-top Chuck Taylor Converse.


And, on a side note, though it's not necessarily new (it's been out at least a year or so), I just discovered this cd:
..and I am completely in love. Partly because the "She" is Zooey Deschanel, who I think is utterly amazing, both for her roles (aside from 500 Days of Summer, which was a bit of a letdown) and her incredible sense of style:

Amazing, no?

Anyways, the whole album is perfect. She does a few 50s/60s covers, but all the songs have a very classic feel about them. Five stars.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That's way too abstract a quiz for me. It actually reminds me a bit of a game called "Imaginiff."

    It's funny you should mention Zooey Deschanel as I just saw the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie and I liked her in that despite the fact that the character wasn't British for some inexplicable reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that album! she is so pretty. and i actually really liked the movie 500 Days of Summer, but I know lots of people that weren't feeling it. and i'm glad your pup is doing well! i was asking about yours b/c we were on the cusp of getting ours!

    oh dogs. oh pugs. it's weird to be a dog owner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never really know how to respond.. my comments? your comments? weird.

    anyway, the pup is 11 weeks old and so flippin' cute! i love that your dog is a teenager.. i hadn't even thought that they go thru stages like that! brilliant. but we start puppy school soon... mostly for me. i've never been a dog owner, so i want to feel confindent when i like train him and stuff. and yes post videos of banjo! i love watching dogs obey with tricks. awesome!

    ReplyDelete